SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poodlepup_gw

Good bye Zephirine Drouhin

poodlepup
13 years ago

After 3 years of disappointment, and broken promises, Zephirine and I have agreed to part ways. She has done nothing for me, except get powdery mildew, & die back. Clearly, I have done nothing to please her, as she is miserable.

I will move her to the back yard to see if she likes it any better out there, but my entry arbor position will be filled by a new rose. Zephirine's color was just the color I wanted, so I am hoping to find something similar.

My research has led me to "Climbing Parade". It is supposed to be disease resistant. Can anyone affirm my choice, or does anyone have any other suggestions for a 8'-10' clear bright pink climber, who will not be a complaining drama queen, and who will thrive in a nice Southern exposure?

ps I am also booting "Portlandia" I don't know what her problem is, but her flowers never open properly, and she never looks that pretty. She is going out back with Zeph, for one last chance.

pss

Thank you John Clare rose for doing so beautifully in the spot next to Zeph, which leads me to believe that there is nothing inherently wrong with the location

Thanks, as always for your helpful suggestions.

Kate

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville