SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anxiousrose

Is there any hope for my very diseased rose?

10 years ago

(Pictures)

Hi! I hope someone can help me: I inherited these roses at my new house, but have only had experience with smaller indoor roses in the past. We had a very hot July in the UK, and i didn't keep up with watering or pruning this plant regularly at all, maybe only watering once a week and no pruning of the leaves. Now that i have the time to take better care of it, i fear that it's too late as nearly all the leaves show sign of disease, and there aren't many leaves to begin with.

My question is whether i can prune back all the leaves without killing the plant completely? There are some leaves that aren't completely destroyed, but we're talking maybe 3 leaflets on the entire plant. I'm a complete amateur, but would dearly love to save this plant.

Here are some pictures of the overall plant, and then some closeups of the leaves. There appears to be a main rose, and then a younger one planted very close to it and they intertwine a little (and unfortunately probably caught eachothers disease):

Images here in a gallery (i didn't know how to directly upload onto the forum):

Rose gallery

The second last picture shows one of the only healthy looking leaflets. The last picture is of the leaves on the younger plant with the red rose hips, is it as unhealthy?

Thanks in advance for any help!

This post was edited by anxiousrose on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 8:23

Comments (10)