SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim_w_ny

Climate change and roses

jim_w_ny
15 years ago

I can't find my last post on this subject but I do remember some of the responses. Mostly from those who doubt such a thing exists. And if it does what does it have to do with roses? The subject of this site.

An odd question since roses are plants and as plants are highly sensitive to their environment.

Now as a great believer in CC I've become also sensitive to changes in the weather. Or climate. Our summer has been unusually cool. With dry air. With rain that is now drought followed by downpours. Needing careful attention to the need of watering in between rains. Abnormal for here!

One change in our garden has been the early blooming of Hostas. Normally in late August. Has our cool summer triggered their earlier bloom?

So far is is hard to see change in roses except repeaters are repeating less. I worry mostly about what winter will be like. If it is cooler now will winter be also colder?

By the way CC is fact. It has been clouded by those who need to resist change for economic reasons. A tragedy as the changes that are now occuring, once accepted, it will be too late to avoid the really drastic impact of CC.

Comments (26)