SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Help with 3 disease/insect/health issues

TNY78
11 years ago

I have three very different problems going on with my roses right now. I can pick out the well known issues: blackspot, RMV, RRD, canker...etc...but these I'm not too sure about. One of them I don't even know if its a insect or a fungus LOL!!! So, here they are...what are they, and how do I fix them?

Thanks for any help or comments...

Tammy

First, this is on Wedding Cake. It was in the middle of my pot ghetto and the only one that has this going on. This is the one that I'm not sure if its fungal, insect or even a slug! When I first noticed them I could push on them with my fingernail and puss would come out (gross I know). I sprayed them with Bayer insect killer and this is how they look now. Both when I first noticed it, and now, the canes underneith the spores (or whatever) look completely healthy...

{{gwi:312580}}

{{gwi:312581}}

{{gwi:312582}}

Next, This is Bow Bells. She's still in her 1g pot that I received her in. She was barely rooted when I received her, so I decided to leave her potted until she got established. I've moved the pot further into the sun to try and correct the coloring...but no luck. Is it too small to fertilize? Should I repot her in different soil?

{{gwi:312583}}

{{gwi:312584}}

Lastly, these are insects that seem to like breeding on the backs of my rose leaves. I don't think they're spiders because I believe there's only 6 legs. I think they may be ticks or some type of beatle....I just sprayed them with the Bayer spray tonight, so I won't know til tomorrow if it worked. I'm just curious what they are

{{gwi:312585}}

{{gwi:312586}}

Comments (9)