SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_tosca

Does my Mme. Antoine Mari have RRD?

organic_tosca
15 years ago

I would post a picture, but I don't have a digital camera. My new-this-spring Mme. Antoine Mari seems to have something strange happening to it. It is in a pot in which I planted it this spring, from a band. It has just lately put out a couple of long shoots (from canes that have otherwise normal growth) with larger leaves, some of which don't look entirely healthy (they curl under at the edges). I thought, since I am pretty inexperienced with roses, that it might simply be the natural way that MAM grows, and that it was moving on from its earlier stage - but the really scary thing is that it these shoots ended in buds which have not opened, but instead are making new leafy growth at their tops. I've read posts on this forum discussing RRD, and I really, really hope that this is not it. The thorns on these shoots are not soft (au contraire), and there are, so far, no "witches' brooms". The other rose I have here (and I have now moved it as far as possible from the MAM) is a small early hybrid tea. It is also making buds, but they appear normal. I'm in Sacramento, California, zone 9, and the pots are on a balcony. I've only lived here a month, but there are other roses in the vicinity (it's an apartment complex), in case that information is of use.

I would REALLY appreciate any help and advice you all can give. Thanks, Laura

Comments (5)