SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amywmiles

Black Spot...same old post but not arguing....

amywmiles
16 years ago

Even after the latest posts on black spot, I know that I don't know enough to ask the correct questions on this forum about black spot. Therefore, please enlighten if you can read minds...

Is bs preventable? (in my zone, of course) If so, at what point should I have begun the spraying. If I missed that window, or missed a week or two, how is it possible to control it once it has begun? It seems like once you have it (per some posts on this forum...and my unfortunate experience) that it's like the gift that keeps on giving. Since I already have it on several of my roses, and it's contagious, at what point do I have to catch the new growth with spray in order to prevent the bs from spreading to it (the new growth)? It seems like I would have to spray every day in order to keep the spores (isn't that what they are called?) from spreading to my new growth. If I spray every 7-10 days, what is happening in between sprayings? Is it still spreading? Is it spreading to the baby leaves? Is it spreading to the mature leaves that have no 'spots'? Why are there spots on the seemingly unaffected leaves the day after I spray?? What is the point? Do any sprays kill the black spot? Or are there only sprays that just prevent it, and at what point in the (?) growth cyle must I spray in order to prevent?

Thanks for all y'alls help.

Amy

Comments (32)