SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenfanatic2003

I'm so frustrated!!

15 years ago

This year I expanded my rose collection. Last year I only had 2 Knockouts and 3 mini roses that survived the April freeze. I don't normally spray chemicals, and none of them got blackspot last year.

This year, it's a different ballgame! The KO's still look good. The 3 established minis all got blackspot, along with some new roses I got (Rainbow Sorbet, Dark Lady, Tournament of Roses, and PJPII). Dark Lady seems to be the worst. You just look at her, and she's covered with black spots and her leaves all fall off.

So I decided to go invest in some chemicals and start spraying about 3 weeks ago - Mancozeb and Bannermax. Last night I sprayed those two together (3rd spraying). I decided to also spray some new minis that are still very small to make sure they don't catch all this stuff going around. I go out today, and they look like crap! The leaves are burned. I don't think they like those chemicals - especially Nicole (not a mini, but as small as my minis). And yes, they were well hydrated - it had just rained the night before.

So my choices are blackspot and naked plants, or burned leaves. And BTW, PJPII and TOR didn't previously have blackspot, but I've been spraying them, and now they have it.

I GIVE UP!! I can't win either way! I'm ready to go back to Knockouts!

Deanna

(Anybody want some free diseased roses?)

Comments (17)