SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

Pleine de Grace - an insane mistake, more snivelling

User
11 years ago

Walking about the allotment, I had a good look at PdG, thinking, 'By Gum, that's doing well. I have been faintly aware of it's growing (large)but in the summer hurly burly....well, things get forgotten. However, during my evening browsing (at roses) the actual size of PdG popped up and I almost fell off my chair in shock. 6m. Yep, 6 metres - I had allocated about 1.2m for it!

I think what happened was that last year was my first order from a European nursery and in my fevered state (so many roses not available in the UK) I went on a mad spree and certain details slipped my mind. Even so, I am almost in meltdown wondering where it can go - it obviously can't stay where it is - next to a tiny double white burnet rose - in fact, I cannot imagine fitting anything of 6m at the allotment -I have an ayreshire but that scrambles about practically on the ground and I am fairly anxious about that one even. There are no handy big trees (my little fruit trees would collapse with more that a small clematis, so that's out of the question. Anyone grow this rose? Any suggestions - am really, really not wanting to consign a beautifully healthy rose to the compost but I don't have many rosy friends and they are even less likely than me to take on a monster rose.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County