SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grovegreenguy

Stinkin neighbours literally !

FrozeBudd_z3/4
15 years ago

Oh, I know theyÂre mad at me with having reported them for their awful lousy sewer aroma that has frequently wafted downwind and into my yard  yuck, pure S__T! Okay, IÂm a way too overly patient sort of guy and had always thought theyÂd tend to this matter, but I had enough! So, about three months ago I had called the county and the inspector had dropped by here, not at all a friendly looking guy, though a man of action. After I had directed him to the offending area, which was about 200 ft from my house and through a thick stand of trees, he came back and informed me of his findings  a hose leading from their sewer and draining directly into my property. Yes, I had already known this, though with their vicious and aggressively barking dogs, I had always stayed away from venturing too close to that area and had always thought theyÂd tend to the problem. Now, today I see a septic tank and field being installed  heck, they had not even originally put one in, thatÂs so against the law! Yes, IÂm living in the county, though IÂm not talking about some back forty boonies, IÂm nearby to a large metro area filled with many new and comfortable rural homes, including theirs. Though, with building on an acreage, the sneaky buggers had thought they could get away with and save the cost of installing a septic system  somehow they must have been able to bypass some building inspection or something! Thankfully, it's now going in and weÂll no longer be smelling their crap! Â

These are not nice friendly people, but rather loud and aggressive, seems they think they are free to do just about anything they choose to upon their own little piece of the world. Ask me about the dog bite I had received when one day they had come over to "inspect" my place  yep, I ended up with infection and the medication had caused my heart to go wonky (that was scary!) and I was weak and tired for ten days to follow. AND, later how she had verbally attacked me when I had kindly requested they do something about their relentlessly barking dogs, she was totally horribly nasty and had slammed the phone down on me, such a small woman! During the call, I had held my composure and the next day I had received a tearful apology and theyÂve actually surprised me with curbing the barking of their dogs, and believe me it's much appreciated! But, I did tell her to NEVER again address any problems between us in such a manner! There's a time and place for anger, though not when youÂre the offending party who thinks you have the right to do whatever you please.

Maybe, IÂll attempt to sell my neighbours on Ebay  "Husband and wife couple, late 50Âs, aggressive, self righteous and sometimes being unpredictable and just plain mean, but with the redeeming quality of being hard working, IÂll definitely give them that. Along with them come three yappy and nippy dogs that are guaranteed to keep any animal or trespasser on two legs away  far far away!

Terry

Comments (17)