SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeygraz

Dictamnus albus and Nepeta subsessilis 'Sweet Dreams'

mikeygraz
16 years ago

Hey hey-

Anyone here in the Nebraska area grow either of these plants? I just picked up a Nepeta s. 'Sweet Dreams' from a garden center after a bit of research on it. 'Sweet Dreams' seems to be a shorter, bushier cultivar than 'Cool Cat' (and the other blue ones). Anyone have shots of their N. s. 'Sweet Dreams'?

I also just ordered Dictamns albus 'Purpurea' - very excited as I've only tried once to grow this plant (unsuccessfully) and I have wanted a nice specimen of this for literally a decade. Anyone grow this in the Omaha area? Any shots? I have a sunny spot for it (not full sun, unfortunately, but sunny if that makes sense) in good, well-drained soil. I have a river birch nearby so it has a bit of root competition, but other plants nearby are thriving and I assume with a taproot the Dictamnus will compete quite well with the nearby tree. My main question is - will it flop unless it is in a full sun location? If so, I'll find a new spot for it (it has not yet arrived, so I'm still checking ot spots for it).

~Mike

Comment (1)