SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auron22

Good intentions that backfired....

auron22
9 years ago

So....since my new iris 'harvest of memories' first bloom stalk came up a few weeks ago I was looking forward to the first blooms, all the while anxious that frost would knock it out before it had the chance. Well, I guess someone thought it was a great idea to prop up the stalk with a stick because the stalk was a bit awkward...After our first frost, I was surprised and rushed to see if it affected the stalk...it didn't...but it was looking a little withered. After close inspection...I saw it was broken at the base and now I'm giving the stink eye to that person...in my head though, I know they meant well....I think. Anyway, even though I'm pretty sure the buds are not developed enough, I decided to cut it and place in a vase to see if it will still try.

Since this forum is probably quieting down some for winter...maybe this would be a nice topic to reflect on experiences...or maybe I'm just ridiculous for feeling really disappointed about not seeing an iris bloom before winter....what can I say? I get ecstatic over flowers! lol

Has anyone ever tried to do something nice for you that resulted in something.....not favorable? Or perhaps anyone that was the person that tried something and it didn't turn out so well?

Comments (12)