SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
landlady_gw

Spotted Cucumber Beetle Trap Rant

11 years ago

This is the kind of day it's been. Well, it started yesterday when it finally dawned on me that the Diabrotica population was really high this year. Being me, I hand picked and drowned a bunch and then came in to scour the Internet for "what abouts and how tos" and finally decided that making yellow sticky traps made sense.

Which brings us to today when I traipsed to two stores to buy: yellow paper cups, Tanglefoot and a package of 4' bamboo stakes. But, of course when I came home and went back to the Internet for better directions, I found multiple references to the fact that the bleeping traps are (duh) equal opportunity trappers. Good guys and bad guys all in the same mess of goo. Guess I can't do that....

So back to handpicking. But of course, I did still had to stop back online to determine that early morning is the best time for that....Sigh....Maybe tomorrow....

Okay, the rant part is over: Any suggestions for dealing with or tolerating the cucumber beetle which seem to inhabit a similar area as thrips in the range of hard to control botherations??

Comments (3)