SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Hi there - I'm a new member

I've read the comments on the rose forum and enjoyed the Rose Gallery for some months now and been impressed by the niceness of the contributors, and have valued being able to read about one of my greatest passions, written by people who love antique and antique-looking roses as much as I do. I've recently moved to a house in the hills in north San Diego County (CA) and have just started again growing roses in this new place. I have some moderns such as Julia Child, Ebb Tide and Intrigue, some Austins and old ones such as Lady Hillingdon, McClinton's Tea, Mutabilis, Cecile Brunner and Therese Bugnet. One rose I can't make up my mind about is Centenaire de Lourdes, which has been touted as a very good modern rose that has been undervalued. My band from Vintage Roses had its first flower and I was very underwhelmed by its appearance. Does anyone have experience with this rose, and does the flower improve in appearance with the age of the bush? Thank you for any info on this, and I look forward to much enjoyment in sharing this site with all of you.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!