SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Happy Birthday, Sherry

I was looking at your list of roses a little while ago, Sherry, and realized that your birthday is tomorrow, just four days after mine. I hope you have a lovely birthday, not too hot, no work in the garden, a great meal out and, of course, cake. May your gardening year be a joyous one.

Ingrid

Comments (30)

• 13 years ago

Happy Birthday!
    {{gwi:296286}}
    Eglantyne

• 13 years ago

Happy birthday to you, you sweet thing. Rose friends forever, Gean

{{gwi:296287}}

• Related Discussions

Happy Birthday, Dear Sherry

Q

Comments (18)
    So Denise, is yours a bush or a climber? It's a bush/climber hahaha. Yes it's very healthy with minimal attention from me. It is a very rigid cane climber and because it didn't look attractive that way I cut the tall canes back so it's now a sort of bush, not terrible leafy but always in bloom. If the sun comes out later (and you know it will) I'll take a pic of that colorful corner, next to dwarf poinciana in orange/red. Denise
    ...See More

Happy Birthday Sherry (sheshebop)!

Q

Comments (38)
    How did I miss this???? Happy birthday my dear freind! I hope the day was a good one and that there are many, many more to celebrate. Shall we plan a birthday party soon? Hugs, Peppi
    ...See More

Happy Birthday to Sherry (Sheshebop) and Carol (Dishesdone)

Q

Comments (17)
    Wow! I haven't been here in ages and you did not forget me! Makes me feel good. Hello to all my friends, and thank you Pam for telling me about this thread. I think of you all a lot, but life is just so different for me now, and time is at a premium. I am still raising two little grandkids (for the last two years) and that is two full time jobs! I have lost 56 lbs on Weight Watchers, so try not to cook like I used to, but I still miss all the wonderful awesome recipes that I got from all of you. I will try to stop by now and then and say Hi. You are not forgotten siether! Sherry
    ...See More

Simple birthday things....

Q

Comments (29)
    Today was a great day. We went to our favourite pet store who was holding a Fido Fest in support of a local dog rescue group. Raffles, 50-50 draw, vendors, etc. Even though we don't have dogs we went to support her. It was hot today so there were wading pools and sprinklers for the dogs and tents for the vendors. Tonite we attended a concert in the park.......a Swing band playing Glen Miller, Guy Lombardo, Louis Armstrong music.
    ...See More
  • 13 years ago

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Sherry, happy birthday to youoooooo!

• 13 years ago

Happy cake day Sherry!

{{gwi:296288}}

• 13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Sherry, have a great day.

Clotilde Soupert

{{gwi:289537}}

• 13 years ago

{{gwi:296289}}

Have a great day!
    Your "rosy friend" Susan.

• 13 years ago

I hope you have a wonderful day Sherry. Happy Birthday!
    {{gwi:261063}}

• 13 years ago

Sherry----Happy Birthday to a lady who has brought so much joy and beauty to the Forum.

{{gwi:296290}}

Have a great day----

Florence

• 13 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAT SHERRY ! May you have a summer without any BS or thrips and just the right amount of rain in your garden !........sally

• 13 years ago

Happy birthday, Sherry! Judging from the beautiful slide slow you posted yesterday, your garden is doing a good job of looking lovely for your birthday. I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Kathy

• 13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Sherry! I love reading all your posts - you often express or ask just what I was feeling or wondering. Have a great day!
    {{gwi:272716}}
    Gruss An Aachen

• 13 years ago

Happy Birthday Sherry!

• 13 years ago

Happy Birthday Sherry! Enjoy your sweet garden!

{{gwi:215962}}

• 13 years ago

Thank you all so much. You can't imagine how exciting it is to be wished a happy birthday on this forum.

Ingrid, you're very special and besides that you "remembered" my birthday. It's amazing how much our gardens and gardening mirror each other. I hope you're feeling better today.

Joe, you always take my breath away with your photos, and today's is no exception. Now I know what Eglantyne looks like.

Gean, the forever friend who moved so far away, what is that fabulous rose that you posted? Did you feel weird when you did it? :)) It's a gorgeous photo.

Suzy, what a great voice you have! Thanks for the song.

Elemire, thank you! I love the color of your roses. What is it?

Krista, you remembered that I love Clothilde Soupert! Neither of mine are blooming now so thank you for the remembrance of her.

Susan, I've missed you! That is one gorgeous birthday card!!! What is it? I don't remember you're having a yellow cluster rose like that. Oh, can it be Wm Allen Richardson? It's a little pale, so maybe not. You have to tell me. Thanks for the birthday wishes especially since you had to come out of stealth mode to give them. :))

Pam, it was a wonderful day, thank you. Love the color(s) of your rose. Tell me, tell me what it is, please. With all of the beauties that you have I couldn't begin to guess.

Wow, Florence, a whole table full of roses!! Thank you so much and thank you for always being a friend.

Sally, what a perfect birthday wish for a rose gardener - no BS or thrips and just the right amount of rain. Well, so far your wish has come true for me. Now about that million dollars...

Kathy, thank you for the birthday wish, but my photos lie. There are no flowers in my backyard except The Fairy. It is a non-rose-blooming paradise but other things are blooming so I guess that's the point of companion plants.

Holley, so appropriate that you should post Gruss an Aachen. Mine is finally looking like a leafy bush and not a bunch of bare stalks and even has a few flowers on it. It was worth the three year wait. Thank you for the birthday wish.

Buford, for a 60th birthday I guess it was stupendous. I asked DH how it feels to be married to a 60 year old woman. He made a face - and a not a happy face! Maybe he was imitating the look on my face. We're both under the delusion that I'm still 27 so I'll go with that. Thanks for thinking of me.

Aimee, what pretty shades of pink in that bouquet. Picked just for me? lol Thank you for the birthday post. I'd love to know the names of the roses.

Thank you again everybody, dear friends that I've never even seen (except one). What a wonderful place this forum is.

Sherry

• 13 years ago

Sherry, it is Pink Cloud, less known older climber from the 50-ties and offspring of New Dawn. I felt in love with it in local Rosarium, one of mine OMG NEED for the next season. :D

• 13 years ago

Happy belated Birthday Sherry - I am coming to Port Orange FL. medio December to Early January - order your roses to bloom! One of the most beautiful gallicas here right now is:

{{gwi:296291}}

• 13 years ago

Sherry, happy birthday. I'm late to the party, but it is always the thought that counts. Hope you had a lovely day.

Carol

• 13 years ago

Sherry I chose that rose because there's only one of it in the world(like you!) It's a seedling of General MacArthur that I raised and called Flagrant. It's very fragrant.

• 13 years ago

Sherry, I only have little babies so I can't really choose at this point, but I do think these are some of my favorite rose blooms from recently. The one on the left which is darker is Grandmother's Hat and the ones on the right are La France cl. :)
    All my babies are thanks to you guys (in particular you warm weather friends) for all the pretty pictures you share and recommendations. :) :)

• 13 years ago

Sorry I'm late Sherry, but I hope your 60th birthday was wonderful! I loved the slide show of your garden too!

Judith

HP Paul's Early Blush
    {{gwi:296292}}

• 13 years ago

My belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Sherry.

Here's Alister Stella Gray

{{gwi:295862}}

Regards,
    Diane

• 13 years ago

Elemire, I love Pink Cloud!!

Niels, I hope there are roses then but maybe not. It will depend on how bad the winter has been. December is usually safer than January - at least last year was. It will certainly not compare to yours!! Thanks for the happy birthday!!

Aimee, I know you're going to be posting tons of photos of those two. Can't wait!

Carol, better late than never, and I very much appreciate the thought. Thank you.

Pam, was that a typo - Flagrant or Fragrant? I guess it's not on HMF. It's just lovely and smelly, too. Wow! You put me in beautiful company.

Judith, I love pink and red combinations. Thank you for the birthday photo.

Diane, what an amazing photo. It shows all the stages of ASG. Thank you!!!

Sherry

• 13 years ago

Sherry, that's the same rose - it's the buds that are red! You're right though, those colours do look pretty nice together ...
    Judith

• 13 years ago

Sorry I'm late but better late than never.
    Best wishes on your birthday and many more to come!

Bermudas Anne Oliver (or Olivier)
    {{gwi:251428}}

Denise

• 13 years ago

Sherry, I just saw this thread today, so I am late to the party. Hope your B-Day was as wonderful as you are.

Juliet

{{gwi:296293}}

• 13 years ago

Dear Sherry,
    This is a VERY belated happy birthday, but this is the first time I've been on the computer for a week, having come to Florida since the last time I showed up on the forum. I don't have a computer where I'm staying and my access is irregular. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I think that sixty can be fine, and certainly hope it will be the beginning of a great new decade for you. My husband was sixty when he and I got married, and he says that the fifteen years that have passed since then have been the happiest of his life (no, I don't think it's diplomacy). So, my best wishes to you, and remember to stay twenty-seven in your heart forever, or at least for many years more.
    Best wishes,
    Melissa
    P.S. One of the great things about public celebrations of birthdays on the forum is that all forum members get to enjoy the photos of roses. A party, and we're all invited.

• 13 years ago

That, faraway friend, is Vintage's Marie Pavie. So glad you liked the photo.

• 13 years ago

Denise, I like that wish for many more!! And I love Anna Olivier (Bermuda or not). Mine is between blooms, so I'm most happy to see yours.

Juliet, THAT is a beautiful photo of colors! You're very sweet, too.

Melissa, how do ya like the humidity? I like it but it sure is sweaty out there. Glad you're here, and thanks for the encouragement. No "last calls" here. The more the merrier.

Really, Gean? I wouldn't have guessed that was Marie Pavie. She was so unhappy here, but yours is beautiful!

Sherry

• 13 years ago

She seems to like the cool weather. The vintage version has more petals than the one I had before, from Chamblees, which wasn't that happy in north alabama, either.

Lance told me polyanthas like it here, and he was right. I'm starting to collect them as I like them and they are pretty healthy here, at least so far.

speaking of cool - 91 here today, no air conditioning! not that I'm complaining, it's kind of wonderful, actually, to live without a/c. If it gets to 100 I may change my mind, though, lol.

and happy birthday again. Gean

• 13 years ago

Well, it's certainly cheaper!!

Interesting about the difference between Marie Pavies from Vintage and Chamblees. I wonder which one is the real one - can't be both. I'm betting on Vintage (no offense, Chamblees). It's just that it's prettier, and MP is supposed to be very pretty. But the cool weather could conceivably increase the petal count. Oh, the joy of growing the right rose in the right place - whatever the reason.

Let me know if summer lasts longer than 3 weeks up there. he-he.

Sherry