SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
accentmusictherapy

Mysterious dying rose bushes

accentmusictherapy
15 years ago

I have 12 Lavender Simplicity Hedge Roses along the edges of my property line, 4 on one side, and 8 on the other.

In the last three weeks or so, I have had 2 of the 8 bushes die suddenly. At first, my husband and I thought the first bush died of lack of water, as it looked completely dried out and was brittle - but none of the plants around it were dry in any way.

Then, just this last week, I noticed another bush in the line, beginning to look the same way. I watered it well, just to make sure that it wasn't a factor. The plant is still dying, and dying quickly.

The plants are only taking a few days to die, with no signs of spider mites, or other unusual pests that I can see. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? I am worried that if it is a disease that it will spread to all of my roses.

I did recently add some iron to the soil in this area, in a water soluble form, but I mixed it as per the instructions, and have not had problems with other plants that I watered with the same solution.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

thanks!!!

Comments (15)