SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amelie325

The Generous Generous Gardener & Other Roses

amelie325
9 years ago

Hey all! Thanks to the polar vortex all my roses and flowers were/are about 2 weeks or more behind, but thankfully my little garden is protected enough and all my baby bands I bought made it through! Yay!

But, back to the main topic...The Generous Gardener has been soooooo soooo generous this year! It's first flush was ah-MAZ-ing! Let's just say I was a little behind (ok, a lot behind) dead heading all my roses, and whilst out dead heading today counted all the old buds/hips...and I counted over 390!!

Here is this year's timeline of TGG:

Sorting it out in April, adding some trellises along the fence to wrangle TGG (I only started training it as a climber last year, as I was tired of hacking it back�clearly it loves it.):

{{gwi:295585}}

Here it is in May, leafing out and filling in the space nicely, burgeoning with buds:

{{gwi:295587}}

{{gwi:295589}}

And here it is just as the first buds are blooming, about 2 weeks before its� absolute blooming peak June 4, 2014:

{{gwi:295591}}

{{gwi:295592}}

And here are some others:

Mme. Isaac Perriere (stunningly perfumed!):

{{gwi:295593}}

{{gwi:295594}}

{{gwi:295595}}

{{gwi:295596}}

William Jessie (my first and last order from Vintage Roses â¹):

{{gwi:295597}}

Mme. Caroline Testout (gorgeous form and nicely scented):

{{gwi:295598}}

{{gwi:295599}}

And a pretty little close up of James Galway from June 4th, who, despite the stupid heat, has only just stopped pushing out big clusters of blooms since the beginning of June.

{{gwi:295600}}

Sorry for the poor (iPhone) quality, I kept forgetting to charge my "real" camera.

Comments (6)