SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spicymeadow

New to Roses and have Questions (pics)

spicymeadow
16 years ago

Ok... This is my first year working with roses. My grandfather got me 2 from Big Lots and I rescued one from a mall being demolished...

Anyway...

My first question is about the type of foliage. I have 3 roses, and all of them are coming up differently. I've tried looking it up online, but all I get are pictures of the blooms themselves and not the type of plant they grow on. Are they bushes? Climbers? Another type??

I'm hoping y'all can help...

This one was labeled Oklahoma (although I doubt it because when it bloomed it came out yellow with orange tips) and I really like the way it grows...

{{gwi:307428}}

this is one that I saved from the mall... it is doing wonderfuly...

{{gwi:307429}}

This one has be baffled... and I hate to say it, but I don't really like the way it grows... My mom says its a climber, but I read something about 4 ft canes and this doesn't have branches quite that long... it hasn't bloomed at all either...
{{gwi:307431}}

I'm not asking about what kind of roses these are... that would be nearly impossible since we only had one bloom and it was dinky, but what type of rose plant (if that makes sense...) I would just hate to say, have a climber waste away in a bucket because I didn't know what to do with it.

Now for question #2...

The last rose pictured above has some leaf issues on a few of the bottom branches... I'm not sure what it is and would like to treat it if possible... I took it to my local nursery, and they said it was sunburn, but I don't quite believe it (everything I take in there is sunburned according to them)... If it is contagious, I don't want it spreading to my other pretties...

{{gwi:307432}}

Any help is appreciated... and thanks so much in advance...

Comments (6)