SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elishaj_gw

Help! New Home Owner with Trees - lots of pics

elishaj
13 years ago

Hi all. I'm new to this site, new to gardening, and a first time new home owner. I have inherited several trees, and I'm not sure what type they are or if they are in good condition. I have taken some pics to hopefully get them identified. Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

This is a pic of the two trees in my front yard. I'm pretty sure one is a Sweet Gum and one is some type of Maple, but I'm not positive:

{{gwi:403646}}

This is a pic of what I think is a Sweet Gum. I am concerened that it may be too close to the house? It is oddly shaped and has branches hanging over our roof

{{gwi:403648}}

It also has this branch that has blackened and dead looking leaves on it. What could this be?

{{gwi:403650}}

This is what I think is a Maple? I'm not sure what kind it is and as you can see, the Sweet Gum seems to be maybe bullying it a bit?

{{gwi:403652}}

Here is a closeup of the leaves of the "Maple" if maybe you can identify it..

{{gwi:403653}}

On the side yard there is this tiny tree looking thing. I have no clue what it is:

{{gwi:403655}}

Now the backyard. I think this is some kind of Plum Tree? And I think it may be way overgrown.

{{gwi:403658}}

The tree has thorns and these little balls on it

{{gwi:403660}}

Have no clue what these two are

{{gwi:403664}}

{{gwi:403666}}

{{gwi:403668}}

{{gwi:403671}}

There is also an Apple Tree and a Fig Tree, but I think I've bombarded this thread with enough pics lol

ANY help would be appreciated in identifying these. Also any comments on the how they appear health-wise and if any of them (especially the ones in the front) could cause me some really big problems. As I said, I am TOTALLY new to this world of gardening and home ownership and a bit overwhelmed....

Thanks!

Comments (2)