SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missa_gw

guppies....why cant i keep them?

missa
19 years ago

greetings: I have had several fish tanks since i was just a kid i have always had comunity tanks ( fresh water) and i have had clown loaches and even neons breed in my tanks. I have been told that it is almost unheard of to get these two fish species to breed and sucessfully have young! I had many guppies years ago and never had problems with them. Infact i had so manythat i was constantly giving them away! The ones i had were the old fashioned , big bodied ones. I cant locate them anymore, pet shops stopped getting them years ago ;( and i miss them! ANYWAYS... i have tried several times with the fancy guppies and within a few days the male dies and in a few weeks time the female dies. They get along well the the other comunity fish and my water tests perfect! I have talked with petshop owners and the honest ones will tell me that they are hard to keep and they drop like flys. But you see this bothers me because so far i have had sucess with almost all fish and it annoys me that i cant heep a guppy! GRRR! How many of you have this same problem? Missa

Comments (22)

Sponsored