SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbaron_gw

Need help with this rose bush! It's out of control!

tbaron
10 years ago

Hello!
I'm a new rose bush owner. I planted this bush as a tiny 12 inch tall stick with just a few leaves. It's grown into a VERY tall and lanky thing. It's only been planted for 2 summers. I have never trimmed it because I didn't know if I should... Well anyways, this last spring it just took off and grew so very much. It was look fabulous, even though it was tall. It even bloomed for the first time! And then we had a storm with high winds that knocked a bunch of the stalks over. But it didn't actually break them, so we got some wook stakes to hold them up. I assume since the leaves are still green and growing the stalks are healing. In the process the whole thing has just grown so tall now that it is out of control. It looks like an octopus now. It is very thorny and also the leaves are rolling up on themselves. Most, not all though. What do I need to do with this? Can I just cut it all down and let it regrow? Will that kill it? I want it to be a nice bush. I don't really want it to climb the house like it's trying to do. Help!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida