SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Received my Roses from RU

I have been ordering roses, after roses in preparation for October planting; the last batch should arrive this week to allow three months of growth. Never ordering from R.U., I was quite surprised when I saw the size of those plants; especially Therese Bugnet. It is huge!!!!! It is just under 30" in height.

Most of the roses, which arrived as bands, thus far are chugging along putting out new growth and I am assuming fortunately, no rosebuds to pinch off.

My problem child is the Sally Holmes band. It arrived minus foliage, the soil was wet, and it had an unpleasant odor. I called the supplier, they were very nice and suggested that I let it dry out a bit, that they would make note of the issues present upon arrival, and guaranteed replacement if it did not perk up. It has been about a week now and while it doesn't seem to be worse; I am not looking at dead wood, it is not showing signs of improvement. At this point, I had decided to continue to keep it moist not wet, protect it from the heat and a lot of sun, but watch it for another couple of weeks. My thought is that if it hasn't shown signs of starting to leaf out by then, as three weeks will have passed, I would contact Heirloom for replacement in the early fall.

Has anyone had this experience or can offer any suggestions or insight as to what would be a good course of action relative to dealing with S.H.?

Comments (6)