SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mensplace

Scalable, turnkey Composting Systems

mensplace
14 years ago

Just a point of curiosity. Has anyone ever seen "turn-key", aerobic, windrow systems for the different sized associations, businesses, towns, communities, counties, cities that would be scaled to the different levels of complexity, equipment, skill levels, and equipment for each, i.e. deliverables prepackaged based upon land size, volumes required, and budgets? I have long wondered whether it is simply overwhelming for most to envision, consider, and plan for...sell...the concept as an alternative to anaerobic piles or landfills? Such "model" systems would be a LOT easier to submit and start a discussion by way of planting some seeds for thought. This would take a bit of vision and effort up front, but would be a project that I would love to have a hand in marketing. The largest systems would have everything from sorters, crushers, front end loaders to turners and packaging equipment while on the far other end would come far simpler systems and equipment for community projects. Seems many get so into the complexities and technologies that they shoot themselves in the foot before even getting in the door. However, with Obama's new emphasis and the huge surge in interest in healthy, affordable foods across the U.S., the time is right.

LASTLY: WATCH: Foods INC !

Comments (5)