SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwedzi

Have you actually ever seen mites?

mwedzi
18 years ago

Has anyone here successfully used a loupe to see mites? I've just ordered a 30x loupe because I am afraid I might have them. I thought it was too much light exposure, because they had spent a summer in the dark and it was within the first week that I put them back under lights, all new bulbs, that I started noticing the scrunched up centers. Things are coming back into bloom, but the flower stalks are short and everything is tight. There are a few more hairs, but I guess that is a natural result of shorter petioles and leaves, right? I mean, seems like gessie parts are 'born' with as many hairs as they will have and the hairs only end up spaced out because the leaf and petiole grow and get bigger. If they don't grow, I would expect them to be hairier than usual.

Anyway, the question I'm asking is if this loupe is going to show me anything, so that if I don't see them, I can put my mind to rest at least about that.

My second question is, for those of you who have had tightness from too much light, how long did it take your plants to adjust? Did you have to do anything, other than lower the intensity or number of hours of light?

Thanks. --nikki

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022