SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Another Container Improvisation

aliska12000
14 years ago

I'm not really out of containers but have to pick the right ones depending on what I'm sowing next, type of seeds, how many in the packet, and how much they cost.

Does anyone know if they still make these carriers and what they are for? I picked up about 6 super cheap a few years ago and wonder if they still make them, earlier had burned some drainage holes in anticipation of using them in warmer weather for "holding bins".

I used up my 6 flats with plastic covers, and when I sow expensive seeds where there will be only one+ per container, I like to conserve soil. 4 deep root cell packs fit in these almost perfectly. Yes, I could have used plastic cups and done this and that but this was a good solution for my $3.50 (thought they were more) Meconopsis Grandis seeds where the pkt said 30 (dropped one, hate that).

But I taped up all those holes and when I was done sowing, put plastic over the top, taped that and punched vent holes w/xacto knife.

What kind of clear plastic bag could I use to put the whole thing into? Sorry about my messy kitchen, that's how it is for now, was flying around yesterday planting, then cleaned off the other counter, did a bunch of dishes, and cooked myself a decent supper for a change, what a mess. But it makes it easier for me to have it set up like this right now. I don't want to use my handle tie garbage bags because I'd have to undo them to see if anything has sprouted.

Only a camera buff would appreciate this one, but I have my wide angle lens on, popped up the camera flash, and felt the shutter drag, looked at my lcd at the shutter speed, go hmmmmm. When I dl them, I see one is 1/15 sec and this one was 1/3 sec handheld, and I'm the one with the shakes. I can't figure that out.

If these containers hold up to the weather (some plastic dishpans crack), maybe I could use more of these as I love sowing in those cell packs.

{{gwi:360642}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus