SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minimac_gw

Barbara's Inevitable Quote

minimac
14 years ago

Earlier this year when I first started growing I took a break from watching basketball and posted here. As you all know in the beginning you're so excited about your violets hoping the leaves you have put down don't all turn to mush. You know the routine, but you're so impatient! Barbara posted back this inevitable quote "Remember, March Madness turns into April Foolishness, so be prepared!" Oh, so true Barbara!

It's great you all are here and just wanted to say thanks for all your help and knowledge, and a special Thank You to Marigene:)

If my violets could talk they would tell you I've evolved from Camp Git Mo (torturous pounding while potting) to Attica prison (overcrowding). Think Mr. Cook gets back tomorrow - desperately need to order pots!

Took these pictures several weeks ago, thought I'd share.

{{gwi:378119}}

My first Rob's babies. Put down April Fools Day

{{gwi:378120}}

I use plastic shoe boxes for leaves. The lower shelf has Jollys and Mac's. Most are semis

{{gwi:378121}}

Umm..Apron string babies

{{gwi:378122}}

The three in the back I tried vermiculite only + water. Seem to have worked well. May use that from now on. Save soil. Mac's White Water in back corner has peduncle w/ pedicels (flower stem) Practice for Chimeras LOL.

{{gwi:378123}}

Standard babies that need potting up and Noids

{{gwi:378124}}

Usually only community water babies

{{gwi:378125}}

I love this part, seeing who blooms true. Rob's Dust Storm

{{gwi:378126}}

Awhile back saw a picture of Fred's Gleeful Elf and had to have one.

{{gwi:378127}}

"ISOLATE" These little buddies followed me home from the Ohio State Convention. There are several Chimeras in there.

Then, was the waiting, Now...So much to do! I'm not prepared!

Comments (7)