SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floridabear

Will Unique Violet Bloom From A Leaf ???

floridabear
15 years ago

A common question probably. BUT heres the twist...the violet I am talking about is a 'Rebel's Splatter Kake' that is a sport, I think that is what you would call it, a sport. Half the plant blooms in blue flowers with pink specks and flecks and a white edge, and half the violet blooms like a 'normal' Splatter Kake blooms. Pink with blue flecks and the white edge. That is why I bought it and paid a small fortune for it!! It was the 3rd one I saw that bloomed like this, it isn't two plants in one pot, I checked. One side of the plant blooms one color, the other side blooms the other color. Is that 'stable' and will a plant grown from it's leaves bloom like that. OR is this plant kind of like a Chimera, and won't bloom odd like that,except from a sucker plantlet?

Please don't pop my balloon and tell me it won't even bloom again like this. If it is true, I guess I should know. But I bought it because of its odd bloom pattern. I had to have it and paid through the nose for it! So..selling a few leaves would help me out big time. Or maybe plantlets from me growing a few leaves myself:). Anyone know? I know fantasy violets are tricky in the blooming dept. ,but I need to ask about THIS kind of bloom pattern.

Comments (3)