SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kushnerrr

first african violet leaf problem

kushnerrr
10 years ago

I received this plant as a mothers day gift this year. it had 3 flowers when I first got it and by the end of the first week the flowers had tripled I contacted a friend who gave me tips on caring for it. I know it needs plenty of indirect sunlight and not to over water it or get water on the leaves. 2 weeks after I had it I got really sick and during that time all my flowers died off. I moved my plant around the house a few times to see if it needed more sunlight to blume again and end result was me dropping it in the kitchen sink. When that happen all but 3 leaves snapped off and I was so upset and thought I had killed it. I finally found a perfect location in my house and left it there. It started growing new leaves and I was so excited but the new leaves seem to be having issuses. Ive looked online to see if it might be infested or water damage. I seriously have no idea what I am looking at or looking for. The leaf in the center that is missing its sides was white along the edges that was dry and brittle the white completely snapped off when I poked at it. What could be wrong with my plant? Is there any saving it? Oh and the black specs are dirt stuck to the hairs of the plant from me dropping it.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm