SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lunrtwilight

New AV's en route

LunRTwilight
10 years ago

I'm so excited! I ordered two new AV's from Fancy Bloomers. It was so difficult to choose! I finally settled on Midnight Waves over Black Ace (the flowers were so similar in the photo, but I preferred the foliage on Midnight Waves) and Wrangler's Swinging Blues (I fell in love with the variegated foliage). Several of the ones I was interested in were out of stock :( but, that's okay. It gives me time to settle in my new arrivals before acquiring more.

They should arrive tomorrow. Is there anything I need to know when they arrive? How do I go about acclimating them to their new growing conditions? Are the variegated varieties more difficult to care for? I bought new 4" pots and I have a smaller, maybe 3" pot as well. They will be arriving in 2.5" pots, but they may be fine in those pots for awhile. Will my new babies need to be covered? Quarantined? How long?

Also, I've seen AV's grown in terrariums and thought this may be a good idea, particularly for suckers and leaf propagating (my aunt wants babies of my new plants when I get them). Has anyone tried this and what was the result? They look quite cute on Pinterest.

LunR

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County