SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

squirrel and bird seed

just1morehosta
16 years ago

Hi every one, i hope it is ok to post this here,it has nothing to do with WSing,but it is so funny i thought you would all enjoy a little chuckel while waiting for spring.

We have about 50 squirrel in our yard[we live in the woods]over the years we have tryed several things to keep the critters out of the bird feeder, but they are VERY smart,and have alwasy found a way to get the seed, even bringing in recruits to study the situation,last year we connected electric to the post,a very small amount[my hubby is an electrician,he knows about stuff like this]we placed a dome below the seed, and for a whole year the little guys would climb up the pool,stop,listed,and jump down, all we could figure is they could hear the current?They never could figure out how to get up there, it was so fun to watch, they would sit under it , walk around it, sit, and walk around it again, we always put out food for them also,and they do get what falls to the ground,but they wanted to sit in the feeder like it is a smorgasbord put out for just them.For the last week, we have noticed that they have been in the bird feeder,doing just that,sitting and eating,we have so much snow we could not get to the electric cord to check it,although it was still pluged in, we assumed it was still ON.Wrong!This morning my hubby went out to fill the feeder again, and as we are getting rain now, the snow is melting and what do you think he found???????

The squirrels had dug under the snow and chewed the cord in half,ha ha ha

It took them a whole year, but they did it!Now they sit up there and laugh at us,every time we open the door they run a few feet,but come right back, and laugh!Great entertainment for a lousy day inside,keep warm,and keep smiling.Carol

Comments (8)

Sponsored