SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobboberan

Compost , I want to make a point

bobboberan
15 years ago

one year ago I put up a fence due to one day a compost box, and then another day an Old PCB barrel showing up on my property line. The drawers of the composter opened into my yard from the side of their garage . One day I heard my neighbours bickering with each other about why the neighbour was putting up a fence ,she said to her husband it was because of the Barrel , he said it was her composter location , she replied to him that it smelled yucky ...well the moral of the story is I won't compost because its really gross every bug you can imagine turns material over so it can one day be valuble material for gardening , sure I will use steer manure "well rotted" from a farmer or the store and leaves "mulched with the lawn mower" but I will turn it over into the soil in the fall for spring planting . I understand that anyone who composts usually puts it out of the way because it is basicly rotting material and stinks to high heaven, but one should have some respect for the neighbour if not the entire sinus cavities of the nearby neighbourhood ,mostly from massive amounts and varieties and peices of body fluids ...

the most productive soil any where near my yard is just along side of the alley where many many years of my huge lilac bush leaves piled and decomposed year after year... my pumpkins are flourishing in it and better than all the well rotted manure and bone meal fertilizer I've used this year .

Comments (36)