SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
einstein_cross

Turned into hill too quickly, hit...now tractor won't start.

Einstein_Cross
11 years ago

Good Evening.

Okay, so I'm cutting my yard the same way I've cut it hundreds of times before. I've got a GT 235 from the late 90s and it's been great. I'm driving lengthwise along one side of a drainage ditch in my front yard...right side of the tractor a bit higher than left side. I STUPIDLY turned to the left (downslope) too quickly and the evidently the top left side of the grill hit the ground as it sloped upward on the other side of the ditch. The tractor stopped.

I got it level and was able to start it up again, but it only ran for about 10 seconds and only because I was working the choke. It then died again and hasn't started since.

The engine cranks over, it just doesn't start. No oil leaks, no fluid leaks that I can see. When I was able to get it started just briefly I saw a bit of smoke but that was it.

Any ideas on what I could have done? I frankly don't think I hit hard enough to crack the block or do anything like that, but I'm wondering if I knocked a linkage loose or something. I've got the Deere folks coming by on Friday to take it in, but thought someone on this forum might have some ideas as to cause.

And believe it or not, I'm not an idiot. I take really good care of my stuff...this was just one of those "I wish I could get those two seconds back" moments. Aaargh!

Any constructive comments appreciated...as for "what are you, stupid?" comments, believe me I've already told myself every variant of that there is! :)

Take care and thanks for any suggestions/thoughts!

Larry

Comments (5)

Sponsored