SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tosser_gw

What's Your Guilty 'Unplanned' Pleasure?

tosser
15 years ago

You reach to yank it out but then stop - you just can't bring yourself to do it, even though you know you should.

For me, it's the German chamomile, tomato, chive, sunflower, marigold, catnip, broomcorn, and borage volunteers that pop up hither & yon. I tell myself that I'll dig'em up and move'em "someday", but I never find the time so they end up growing in the weirdest places and I just mow around them.

Even worse, by mid-summer I'll have 8'-tall pokeweeds standing at attention around the fenceline (because I think they're pretty). And then there's the pokeweeds' buddies, the out-of-control goldenrod and flax. And the bittersweet and wild grape and those branching sunflowers that look like giant daisies (can't think of the actual name). Around here, this stuff is supposed to grow in the ditches and woods, not in yards! The only things I can reliably bring myself to pull are morning glory, cocklebur, and sprouted black walnuts (love black walnuts, but a body can only have so many).

Last year I had a big ole Delicious tomato growing all by his lonesome smack dab in the middle of the front yard (which seemed to bring endless delight to my mailcarrier). Anyone else do this? (please tell me I'm not the only one...)

Comments (8)

Sponsored