SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen60546

Why do my knockout roses keep dying?

jen60546
15 years ago

I have had some trouble and am hoping for some help/advice. Several years ago we had landscaping installed that included a dozen pink flower carpet roses. Over the course of a few years, though I watered, fertilized, and cut back for winter, many of them died. So I took them out and planted knock outs in the fall. The next spring they did not come back. I replaced them last spring and they did well over the summer and fall -- now this spring they have not come back. What am I doing wrong? I'm not an expert, but I have done well with many other trees, bushes, annuals and perennials. Other plants and bushes in the same bed are doing fine, and I was told by the landscaper that the soil is good. Also, my neighbor planted knockouts last fall and hers came back so I don't think it was our winter weather (she didn't do anything special to winterize them).

I would like to try again, but I'm afraid I'll just kill them again if I don't know what to do differently this time! Please help. Thank you.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths