SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snaglpus

Why my young trees keep dying?

I need your help. I grow figs as a hobby. For years living in Marietta, Ga I tried growing brown turkeys and celeste in my yard with no success. Now I live in Charlotte, NC and have so many varieties growing beautifully on my deck in containers. Some are golf ball size figs! However, over the past 3 months I bought 3 fig trees from a nice gent off eBay. The trees grow fine after a few days of replanting, then the leaves fall off and the plant just dies. At first I thought it was my soil but that can't be because all my other 20 varieties of fig trees were planted the same way and produce figs every year. But not these 3. One is a Big Ark, and the others are native to Arkansas too. This guy on eBay felt sorry for me after I called him and sent me 2 additional trees but I am afraid to replant these, so I left them in their container and just placed them in my garage. So far the leaves have fallen off but they are still alive but sad. Does anybody have any idea why these trees are dying? I might try replanting them in 60% perlite and 40% compost. Any recommendations?

Comments (9)