SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Kohler cast iron engine/ carburetion parts:

rustyj14
13 years ago

I need some help on this Kohler! It is an 8 h.p., cast iron block, horizontal shaft, in an older Model 86 Cub Cadet tractor. Engine Ser. No: 2833816861. Spec. No: 4152236

Somebody disconnected, and lost, some of the parts that go onto the throttle shaft on the carb, and also the governer pieces that allow it to work correctly. the Owner got a piece for the top end of the throttle shaft, but it is not right. I suppose, if it can't be fixed with the normal parts, i could use the throttle plate that was furnished by the owner. Also, the linkage from the governer arm to the throttle shaft is missing! I need some pictures, or a drawing of how it is supposed to look when fully assembled, if available. The spring-loaded governer arm is there and functioning, but how does it connect to the throttle plate? And, where does the throttle control cable, from the dash, hook into the governer mechanism? That was broken, too.

I just talked to a friend who lives about 40 miles from me, and he said not to start the engine! I already knew that! He also said, if i don't get an answer today, to come out tomorrow, and i can see one just like it. I don't have a camera, but i can draw legible sketches. A picture or three would be ok, or a scanned picture or diagram from the correct engine book would help, too.

Thanks for any help: Rusty Jones

Comments (6)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions