SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Home again from our garden travels

rosefolly
14 years ago

Tom and I are just back from one of our most enjoyable vacations ever. We were generously entertained and hosted first by Melissa in Italy, then Joan and her friend Jon of Wessex in England. We could not have had a better time.

We started off on our own in Venice. Need I say more? Even there amongst the more traditional attractions I managed to find gardens.

{{gwi:283933}}

Next we took a train to Piacenza where we stayed several days at Melissa's farm. She took us to see all the local sights as well as showing us her garden. It was a parade of one breathtaking beauty after another.

{{gwi:283934}}

After that we were off to England, land of wonderful gardens and wonderful food. Yes, I did say wonderful food. Our hostess Joan is an amazing cook as well as a knowledgeable and inspired gardener.

{{gwi:283935}}

And of course, a view of Jon's garden. I finally got there at the right time for the early summer flush.

{{gwi:283936}}

Tom kept seeing Tuscany and Tuscany Superb everywhere and loved it. I guess it is coming to live at our house soon. I was similarly struck with Austin rose Mustead Wood in Joan's garden, and Comte de Chambord everywhere. I had it once before and it didn't work out, but I think I may give it another try.

We ended up in Yorkshire, where my father's family came from some generations ago. Gardens there, too!

{{gwi:283937}}

My thanks to the amazingly kind people who made Tom's and my visit a lasting memory of delight.

Rosefolly

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!