SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Home again; home again

caroline94535
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Jiggety Jig!

I'm home from my nearly three-week-long whirlwind trip to Arkansas which included seeing folks in Mtn. Home and Mena, AR, and West Plains, Ava, and Forsyth, MO.

I saw my niece graduate with honors (in two bachelors degrees) met my paternal half-sister, Millie, for the first time, saw dear cousins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rds! - two aunts, and two new family members recently married into our clan.

Thanks to the new, malfunctioning Garmin GPS I traveled what seemed to be the entire length of the Ozarks National Forest, in the dark...took a 10-mile detour down a washed out logging road that ran along an overflowing creek (the size of which would be called a river up here.) Beside having no where to turn around, it crossed three low water bridges, one of which had 12" of flood water gushing over it. I persevered but wasted a lot of time.

I pulled in at 1:05 a.m., tired, hot, tired, and ready to quit driving.

For the entire trip the skies were mostly overcast, until yesterday. The sun was broiling my skin through the glass.

I missed the exit South of Sioux Falls where I usually stay; the roads were congested because of all the construction so I simply pushed on through.

I stopped to stretch and jump about several times. The traffic was very light so it was all good.

Today is cloudy, raining, and 49°. Just about perfect and I plan on doing nothing at all.

Sam is beside himself with joy at my return.

I don't know what Wes did to the house, but it smells good and is remarkably tidy.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES