SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrostatic_goat

Simplicity dealer in town. Going to go look.

hydrostatic_goat
16 years ago

Even thought the season is pretty much over here in Roanoke I'm looking for my first LT/GT. The yard needs to be cut. 1.25 acre, mostly flat several trees, a small incline to the front.

I've looked at the Lowe's, HD, Sears and a Cub dealer. Next is the Simplicity dealer I discovered through their website. I'm trying to keep the price under $2,300 total so that would put me in the Regent line.

All I know about them is what I've read here and on their webiste this week. The big box stores marketing departments have me on the v-twin, 48" to 54" deck camp but I think 44" would be fine. Seems I'd get a better cut with a smaller deck as the lawn isn't table top smooth.

What's the real scoop on the current Kohlers in the Regent line and what can you tell me about their decks, the rollers and striping? I don't really care about striping but why or how is it something Simplicity's decks can do?

FYI, thought I was down to deciding between two Sears tractors, the MTS5500 and the DYS6500, both with B&S V-twin engines. Is Kohler more reliable in single and twins?

Thanks,

Hydrogoat

Comments (6)

Sponsored