SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joannemb

avoid directgardening.com like the plague!

joannemb
11 years ago

I have shopped sucessfully online for years: Michigan Bulb, White Flower Farm, Spring Hill, among others, and have always had a great experience. When my fairy roses arrived from Direct Gardening, I was so pleased---they were bare root and very big. I planted in March, and by May, it was clear that one of the 12 was not a fairy rose (based on the leaf size/shape.) I was told I had to send a sample of the leaves back (via snail mail---couldn't email pics) along with a copy of my credit card receipt to get a replacement. (They are 3.99 mind you...) I did that, and had to wait 2 weeks for a reply. Would you believe that my reply was to wait until they bloom, because the 2 samples are clearly "roses." LOL!!! Yes, no kidding---I am sure it is also a rose bush...just not a FAIRY rose bush. And while waiting the 2 weeks, it has bloomed. It is a large fushia colored wild rose that looks ridiculous in my formal patio bed of a dozen fairy roses. So now I have to wait another 2 weeks for the replacement. NEVER have I experienced worse customer service in my life. The people on the other end of the phone (even the so called 'supervisors') say they have to follow policy and that the people who have the power to send the plants must be corresponded with via snail mail only. LOL It is like the Wizard of Oz and the mysterious man behind the curtain. Learn from my mistake.... Dealing with them will be a gamble---just pray that they send you the right plants---God help you if they don't!

Comments (22)