SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tess237

Repotted my AV and now it's droopy. What should I do??

tess237
16 years ago

I received this special AV as a gift from my mom about 4 years ago. (I don't know what variety it is. It's got fuschia flowers with little yellow centers.) Anyway, it has done well for about two years in an AV pot. When I was repotting a bunch of other plants about 6 weeks ago, I decided to repot the AV into a plastic pot (about 5 inches). I put the plastic pot back into the same location where the AV had been living, near a sunny window. Before repotting, the plant looked great - small but with nice firm leaves and frequent blooms. Now, the bottom layer of leaves has died off and the remaining under-layer is pretty droopy. None of the leaves, in fact, are firm. It looks as if there are a couple of tiny new leaves in the center of the plant but everything else looks pretty sad.

Did I did some kind of irreparable damage to my precious AV by repotting? What can/should I do to help it get back on its feet? If it matters, I repotted in Miracle Grow potting soil. I have not given it any fertilizer.

Please help! This is a very special plant and I am so afraid I'll lose it. And clearly I don't know what I'm doing. :)

Thank you!

Comments (5)