SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

Need Ideas for Mother's Day project

nwgatreasures
14 years ago

Remember those 15 crowns that I got out of the Optimara Little Kunzite plants that I separated? And how I potted them all up into the solo cups?

12 of them are blooming! Can you beleive it? They must have liked the growing conditions. All 15 of them are solid when tugged on and have numerous new leaves growing from their crowns.

The timing is perfect because I'm donating those 15 and the remaining 35 Optimara Everpraise to our children's Sunday School program for Mother's Day gifts. That makes me feel good too :) There's a handout with basic care and my contact information that will go out wtih each plant/gift so the follow up care to the plants will promote growth and not demise, LOL.

Now here's my question - what ideas have you seen/heard of for "presentation" of these plants? We need a project of sorts for the kids to do with the plant (or really the baby food jar).

Currently, all I can come up with (I'm still in a brain fog somewhat) is to decorate the baby food jar (which is the water resevoir for the solo cup/plant).

I had thought about cutting a piece of colored fabric into a circle and then gathering that up around the baby food jar and tying with some ribbon/rafia and a gift tag but there must be some other idea(s) that you have seen or heard about that would be good for children ages 3(with lots of adult assistance) up to 12 (independant activity wtih adult supervision) to do.

Any suggestions?

Dora

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County