SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milacqua

When is best time to buy a Deere Lawn Tractor?

milacqua
13 years ago

I have owned Craftsman lawn tractors in the past and I have been very happy with them but I want a Deere just to say that once my life I have owned one. I have a flat yard of about an acre with a few trees but mostly clear. I won't haul anything other than firewood once or twice a year and here in Texas, I won't be plowing snow and I have no garden to till. I am thinking even the basic John Deer L series is more than enough for my needs but I want the X300 42" with mulching deck as I don't really care if it is several hundred dollars more, I think it would be worth it. I'm in my 60s now so I want a new tractor every five years tops so longevity is not a factor, just a good cut and dependability. My question is when is the best time to buy for price considerations from the dealer?

With Sears equipment I always wait for their special sales like "friends and family". On Deere's website I see they have special finance offers and that sort of thing but I seldom see any real "sales". Another factor is their 30 day warranty and return policy. If I buy it in the winter (when it should be cheapest) I don't have to cut grass and the 30 day period would expire without a single cut. I guess what I am driving at is that I want a good deal when I go to the dealer but I want a good chance to test the machine out as well. Maybe I can't have both. My current Craftsman runs well and is only four years old so I have time to wait for the best deal at Deere. Given all this, when do you think the best time to buy would be?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions