SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musikisme

Having a few problems!! Please Help!!

musikisme
18 years ago

Hi, I am fairly new to AVs. I got my first from my M-I-L 2 years ago, and became addicted, very quickly. The Wal-Mart nearby had them on sale for 97 cents and my hubby went crazy. We bought 7. I had a perfect window in my kitchen for the violets (it was a north window). They would put off new growth (or suckers...not sure which) and I would take them off and repot those and they would bloom quickly. We have since moved and I had to bring the AVs to my classroom. They bloomed out and haven't bloomed since. They are now in a west window (That is all I have) and are shaded with the other wing of the building. I have lots of reproduction of plants (all of the suckers have crowns) and repot. Most look very healthy, just no blooms for over a year now. I am not sure about fertilizing or soil. Most are in regular potting soil, but that is what my M-I-L had them in and they have always bloomed for her. I also read on this board last night that some can be overpotted. Could this keep them from blooming?? I really need help to revitalize my Lovelies. Any help from all of these wonderful experts is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lori

Comments (3)