SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jolusiany

having bad problem w/maiden grass, please help ny

jolusiany
15 years ago

Hello,

I dont know too much about this type of amazing looking grass...so if I explain something that does not make sense please ask me again.

The problem: I picked up 4 maiden grasses, that are about 3ft tall. They looked GREAT while in the pots and for a day or so...they looked fine in the ground, but now they are looking like they are about to die and I need some help!

I would have posted a pic but having issue with camera. There was only one tag in the pot that came with the OG and it says they are 'Gracillimus'. The blades are very thin with only 1 white stripe going down the center.

What is happening now, is that the sides of the leaf are rolling into the center and the tips are turning brown and beginning to curl...so it went from a wide, flat thin blade to a very thin round blade and I dont know why.

We live in staten island NY which I was told is zone 6b. I dont know if this is from too much water or not enough water. Does anyone know if the look I described would look the same if it was too much water...or would the blades turn yellow or etc???

Please help...

Lisa

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions