SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dollladie

Damage to Patio Peach & Ornamental Cherry

dollladie
16 years ago

I've posted this before w/no response, so I'm trying again. Regarding:

Yoshino Cherry Tree - It began to leaf out very nicely a bit prematurely in March (Zone 5B). It was abnormally warm for a while, then we had a bad freeze in early April. All my other trees lost their leaves and buds, but regained their compusure w/n weeks, and are doing pretty well now. Except, my Yoshino. It looks dead as a doorknob. No new growth, no buds, no leaves. I was told it may have just gone back into dormancy; to leave it alone. What should I do? And, how long should I wait? It's about 7-8 feet tall. The bark and stems seem ok, still somewhat smoothe, not peeling (too much). Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I also have a BONANZA PATIO PEACH with similar symptoms. Although, it did have a tiny leaf at the top of the trunk, and several new leaves/suckers at the very base of the trunk. I'm not familiar with this tree at all, so I don't know what's characteristic about its growth habits and dormancy schedule.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments (2)