SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardnpondr

HELP with A. violet problem!

gardnpondr
19 years ago

My daughter taught me how to keep A.V. so she knows how to keep them. BUT something is going on with her violets she has had now for several years. They have been doing awesome and she bought some of those A.V. pots at Walmart and repotted them in the fall and there are two of them that has 2 different kinds of soil in them and they both are doing the same so it can't be the soil. She asked me to go on some of the forums to see what is wrong with her V.

By the way, she knows not to let them sit in water..... if you know the pots I'm talking about that are A.V. pots, there is one pot that sits inside another one and the top one with the soil has like a porious sides and the water goes in the bottom pot and the plant sucks up the water through the other pot. I think thats how they work anyway! This is her email to me on what they are doing.......

They are in the ceramic African violet pots that hold water underneath the pot that holds the soil. I have two different plants in two different locations in two different kinds of soil and both of them are slowing losing their lower leaves. The leaves will wilt and wilt until they just dry up and itÂs about to kill one of the plants. I donÂt understand whatÂs wrong with them She (my daughter)had them at the other office where she worked a few years ago and they were going crazy. They've been here at this office for over a year now.... These are just about dead and I canÂt figure out that IÂm doing wrong. IÂve tried taking them out of the water and letting the soil dry out before watering them again, tried letting them sit in the water (like the instructions on pot says), IÂve tried everything and theyÂre dying anyway. HELP! The one that was the prettiest has exactly three leaves left.

Comments (11)