SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwiehn

Tricked by Echinacea 'Prairie Splendor'

marcindy
14 years ago

I just bought a gallon size Prairie Splendor echinacea at Lowe's for a really good prize. As I looked through the different plants I noticed that, although they were all labeled as Prairie Splendor, they looked quite different, both in height as well as in flower size and color. Some had a really nice flower shape and color, some looked pretty raggedy, and some were really pretty. I figured they were just mislabeled, selected a really nice looking on and bought it. At home I looked PS up here on the forum, and I immediately understood why they didn't look uniform at all. Prairie Splendor echinacea is propagated by seed, not by vegetative means. Although I feel somewhat tricked, I am still satisfied with the plant I bought. I'll wait and see how it does in my garden.

I guess this is another good reason to finally get a phone with mobile internet. Wouldn't it be great to get some background info on a plant through this forum while still at looking at the nursery? I see another electronics purchase in the near future... :-)

Marc

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals