SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amelie325

Vintage Gardens order finalized! Finally!

amelie325
10 years ago

I just have to share (as none of my friends are that into roses, lol), but my VG order finally went through! I only had a budget for 4 roses, but I'm very excited for them...even if half of them are my alternate, alternate, alternate picks.

Ordered:
Mme. Caroline Testout
Princess Marie
William Jesse
Charles de Mils (a late alternate, not sure if I got him or my alternate, alternate, alternate...oh,well. It's kind of fun not knowing exactly what you're getting!)

Normally, I'm all about planning which roses to choose for my garden, but with VG going out of business (and me, stupidly, never buying from them before) I got a bit giddy and, perhaps, just a bit carried away. Not sure where I'll but WJ and CdM, but I'm hoping for Princess Marie to eat this ugly hemlock tree in my back yard.

I bought four roses, before I realized VG was going out of business, for a brick wall:

Crown Princess Margareta
Ginger Syllabub
Mme. Isaac Pereire
Mme. Ernest Calvat

Previous roses are mostly David Austins (and three pathetic HT's I keep forgetting to shovel prune that were planted by previous owners). Very excited for some OGR! Although, I fear I'm becoming mildly obsessed, lol!

Comments (2)