SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Finally let go of my vintage clothes...Good Bye!

claire_de_luna
16 years ago

It was harder than I thought! My old friends were old when I bought them, and I wore them all for many years. They were styles that looked great on me...then. Most of these were Victorian clothes up to the early 1960's. A young woman who had come to my sale called about looking at these and I was forced to deal with them at last. As I got them out of their garment box, I discarded the ones that had been destroyed, and revisited them for the last time. I realized that this young woman who was so into fashion was the same age I was when I last wore these clothes, and it would be right for them to live on with other young women who loved them as much as I did. The good news is the ones that weren't her style, are her roommate's style, so she's sending her by to look at the rest of them. I did find a vintage coat I'd been searching for, and it's off to the cleaners so I can wear it this winter. When I think about this now, I'm a little shocked and amazed I kept these for all this time.

You know, I have to make peace with the fact That was Then, and This is Now. The time has come to let go of storing things of my youth that don't serve me at this moment. Clothes like those need to be worn, and it was fun to see a young ''kindred spirit'' appreciate my...collection...and plan to update them simply by wearing the clothes.

You know, I seem to have spent a lot of this month letting go!

Another good news moment is the scale I wanted working again has parts on the way, and needs a permanent spot in my home to live again. I'm gladly finding it that space.

I'm wondering if anyone else has let go of ''old friends'' recently? Maybe things that were a little painful to release? I'm curious about what prompted you to go ahead and say good-bye?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm