SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shimla81

Can you guys help me find a lid?

shimla
16 years ago

Good Afternoon, Winter Sowers!

I just completed my 130th pot. It's going to be a green spring this year! Woohoo!

I've been searching hi and lo for a lid for the flower pots I'm using to wintersow in. I've googled for a couple of hours now with no luck. I'm using azalea nursery pots to sow in. They have an inner rim about 1 inch down on the inside of the pot. The rim is perfect for holding up a plastic cover. I'm anxious to find covers so I don't have to duct tape plastic around my pots every year.

I'm looking for the soft, round, plastic deli container lids (not the clamshell material). These come on containers you'd get soup in and they bend. The only thing I've been able to find are tops for the 32 ounce containers and they are too small. I need a lid that's 5.4" (or larger and I can trim it down). I tried the Folgers coffee top as a sample and it was perfect (except not clear). It's easy to cut and poke holes in without cracking.

Does anyone have anything that resembles what I'm looking for in their kitchen? Perhaps something with a lot # or manufacturer I could google? Any other resourceful ideas for something I could order in bulk (I need about 250)? My brain is fried trying to come up with an alternative. Wintersowing would be so much easier if I could find reusable tops.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)

Sponsored